Wednesday 28 September 2016

Using my Blog

Literature Review and my Blog

During module 2 I used my blog a lot to discuss ideas and things that I had read.  At the time I was just doing it to get my ideas out and use some writing time to help me understand what I had read.  I have mentioned this before, but for me writing about things is extremely useful in helping me to critically analyse and understand what it is I have read. It also adds structure to the process for me and stops me becoming overwhelmed and lost...I read something-I write about it, simple. Then I can put it to one side and move on to something else. I think as well time is key, time to reflect… I started module 2 thinking that as soon as I read something then I should be an expert on it and immediately understand it, however that did not happen.  There would be times I would read an article and take a few more times of re reading before I felt like it made sense to me, sometimes the penny took a little longer to drop! But now I know that’s ok and all part of the process, take time to reflect on it… question it… write about it.   

At the end of module two when writing the literature part of the proposal I found that this process was now incredibly useful as all my thoughts and feelings about a piece of literature were right there in front of me, ready for me to pull apart and put back together again.  Also this process allowed time to reflect, on re reading my blog I found other things I hadn’t thought of, different perspectives and it allowed me to see if my opinions had changed with time- mostly they had.  So for module three I intend to use my blog for this purpose again, for all the literature I read I will post a short review which I can post to others and then come back to a later date! It allowed me to become completely familiar with the ideas and theories in a piece and really get to know it. 


The workload will be more in this module and I am aware that structure, organisation and focus will be the key to keeping me on track whilst writing the literature review.     

2 comments:

  1. Hi kayleigh! I overheard in last nights Skype session that you've recently moved to Southampton? I do too, was going to mention it in the group but there were so many people talking! If you ever want to meet up and go over module 3, I'd be more than happy to! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina, Yes let's do that!! Would be great to meet someone from the course, I'll find you on Facebook or you find me and we can arrange something. Search Kayleigh LeMay.

      Kayleigh

      Delete